PM Modi launches auction of coal mines
- PM Modi launches auction of coal mines India will turn COVID crisis into opportunity
Prime minister Narendra Modi Kicked Off the auction process of coal blocks for commercial mining with an aim to achieve self-efficiency in meeting energy needs and energy development.
Key points of the auction of the 41 coal blocks
- Addressing the launch event through video conferencing PM Modi said that India will reduce its dependence on imports.
- To make India self-reliant in the energy sector, a major step was taken today.
- Those products what we import now will be the major exporters of them in the near future: PM Modi
- With the coal auction process, states will earn extra revenue: PM Modi
- We have set a target to gasify around 100 million tonnes of coal by 2030. I’ve been told that four projects have been identified for this and about twenty thousand crores will be invested in them: PM Modi
- It’s a matter of coal but we have a dream to achieve diamond through the (auction) process: PM Modi
- It will also lead to employment generation for more than 2.8 lakh people