Unlock 1.0 plan
Covid-19 India News, Lockdown Extension: The central government today issued clear guidelines for lockdown 5.0. It has allowed to open religious places of worship for public, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services, shopping malls will be opened on June 8. However, no relaxation in Containment zones till June 30 & more safety measures will be taken in these zones.
Guidelines for Phased Re-opening(Unlock 1)
As per the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)dated 30th May 2020
- Phased re-opening of areas outside the Containment Zones
In areas outside containment Zones, all activities will be permitted, except the following,
Which will be allowed, with the stipulation of following Standard operation procedures
(SOPs) to be prescribed by the Ministry of Health and family welfare in a Phased manner.
The following activities will be allowed with effect from 8 June 2020.
- Religious places/places of worship for the public.
- Hotels, Restaurants and other hospitality services.
- Shopping malls.
Ministry of health& family welfare will issue Standard Operating Procedure for the above activities, in consultation with the Central Ministries/Departments concerned and other stakeholders, for ensuring social distancing and to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Schools, colleges, educational/training/coaching institutions etc…, will be opened after consultations with States and UTs. State Government/ UT administrations may hold consultations at the institution level with parents and other institutions will be taken in the month of containing the spread of COVID -19.
Based on the assessment of the situation, dates for re-starting the following activities will be decided:
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
- Metro Rail.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Social/ Political/ Sports/ Entertainment/ Academic/Religious Functions and other large congregations.